The Dukan Diet: What Is It? --Often described as the French version of the Atkins Diet, the Dukan Diet emphasizes meals that are high-protein, low-carb, and low-fat. The diet is designed so that you won’t feel hungry — you can choose from 100 different foods and you're allowed to eat as much of them as you want — and you don’t have to count calories. Its biggest draw is its pronto weight-loss promise: that you can lose up to seven to 10 pounds in the first five days — and keep them off. --from EverydayHealth.com
First, I gathered together the initial supplies needed to get me (personally) through the First Phase -- Attack Phase of the Dukan Diet. Your initial gathering of pre-diet goods may, or may not, look like Mine.
* stocked freezer with a variety of fresh, uncooked, meats: chicken breasts and drumsticks, sirloin tip roasts, thick butterfly boneless pork chops. also bought lots of cans of tuna in water (on sale, lucky Me).
* 2 varieties of multi vitamins. One, an orange flavored chewable and the other a High Performance multi vitamin for the weekends when I do a lot of gardening and yard work. I ordered the Centrum Multivitamin Tablets variety from Amazon...and, got Free Shipping. :)
* a case of Bob's Red Mill Organic Oat Bran which I ordered from Amazon -- it seems to be the backbone of the Dukan Diet, so I really didn't want to run out. I've used other Bob's Red Mill products and have never been disappointed, thus the decision to purchase this particular brand.
* Large Chicken Eggs -- a couple of dozen
* 1 electric crockpot / slow cooker -- for Me, it is just so much easier to cook meat in -- and it always comes out juicy, never dried out. Just get a can of spray Pam, or some such, and spray the inside of the crock pot, add a little water and your seasoned meat. Set the slow cooker on high, cover and forget about it for a few hours. Perfect Everytime!
* scented candles, a couple of modern exercise dvds and a new nail polish color -- 'just because! :)
First, read The Dukan Diet: 2 Steps to Lose the Weight, 2 Steps to Keep It Off Forever Book! :) It is very tempting to flip right to the "Attack Phase", like I did, just to get started with the Dukan Diet.
Dukan Diet seems pretty simple and easy to follow with its 4 Phases: Phase One, the Attack Phase -- no measuring, no calorie counting, eat all the meat and eggs you want, drink lots of water, eat a little oat bran, do a little daily exercise and take a daily multi vitamin. I don't have to give up my coffee, tea or diet cola. *smiles*
I did drop 10+ lbs a couple of years ago with the Atkins diet -- but slowly gained the lost weight back because I simply went off the Atkins Diet. Although Atkins did work for me, a couple of things I did not care for in the Atkins diet: measuring everything (that's tedious), Atkins' obsession with eating fat and the Psyllium Husk Fiber Supplement -- which, in my particular case, caused extreme bloating and gas. :(